In this video, I will show you how to make YOKUMOKU Cigare Cookies ヨックモック シガール, which are very popular gift treats in Japan.
You can easily modify this recipe to make your favorite flavors and colors 💕
Reusable Parchment Paper I used
Cigare Cookies ヨックモック風 シガール
Number of servings: about 10 cookies
2 tbsp. butter (about 25g or upto 4tbsp. 50g is OK)*
4 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 egg white
4 tbsp. cake flour
a few drops of vanilla extract
1. Place the butter at the room temperature or melted in a bowl.
2. Add sugar and mix well until white and creamy.
3. Add egg white and vanilla extract, then mix well.
4. Sift in cake flour and mix well. (if you want to make Matcha Green Tea or Chocolate flavor, do not add vanilla extract, then sift in 1/2 tsp. of matcha powder or cocoa powder together with the flour.)
5. Spoon about 1 tbsp. of the mixture on the parchment paper, then use the back of the spoon to spread out the mixture into 4inch (10cm) circles.
6. Bake them in an oven at 180C (350F) for about 6 minutes until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown.
7. Use a chopstick, quickly roll the cookies around it to make a cigare shape. You need to work with the cookies while they are hot, before they cool down and get hard. So it’s better to make two or three cookies at a time. Also, it is better to wear cotton gloves to avoid burning your fingers.
*Adding more butter makes it flavorful and crunchier 😉
You can also cook in the Microwave at 500w for 1.5min (or less or more depending on the heat of your microwave. Please take time to find the right cooking time for your microwave.)
E’s Jammy Jams
You Had To Be
♥My COOKBOOK available on Amazon Kindle♥
NO MORE hard copies… those who got one are lucky!
♥More Written Recipes are on my BLOG♥
♥and of course PLEASE SUBSCRIBE♥